Informatica Data Quality Review

Stable, scalable, and useful for testing purposes, but needs better performance and more execution options

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for extraction purposes for some of our projects. We extract and test the data.

What is most valuable?

It is very useful for testing purposes and designing mappings for small projects. If you go for IDQ in the mapping itself, you can see the data. You can then correct it, and test it so easily.

It is working fine. It is also stable, scalable, and easy to deploy.

What needs improvement?

It can be improved in terms of performance and execution. I'm expecting better performance. It currently has some restrictions in terms of execution. For example, if we want to run it in the command mode and execute it, there are some restrictions, and we are facing some issues with a huge volume of data. These restrictions are not there in Informatica PowerCenter because we are able to execute a huge volume of data, and there are more ways to execute it.

We have been using this solution for the past three or four years.

It is stable.

It is scalable. We have ten engineers who use it.

We are getting better support with PowerCenter. Informatica Data Quality was developed later, and its support is not up to that level, but it is fine.

We didn't use any other solution.

Its initial setup is straightforward. We just need to create data integration services. The deployment generally takes up to three hours, but it can take longer depending on the nodes.

I did it myself.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. We have a long term license, and we plan to keep using it.

I would rate Informatica Data Quality a seven out of ten.

10.2
More Informatica Data Quality reviews from users
...who compared it with Talend Data Quality
Find out what your peers are saying about Informatica, Trillium, Oracle and others in Data Quality. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.