Informatica Data Quality Review

We started with Firstlogic then switched to Informatica for it's ease of use.

Valuable Features

Data cleansing and address validation are the most valuable features. Also the web services which can be called on the fly. Data Duplication plays a very important role.

Improvements to My Organization

It has improved the customer data management where we had the incorrect addresses and data cleansing. Also in finding the duplicates so as to ensure the customer data is not duplicated.

Room for Improvement

Asia pacific region address validation needs to be improved.

Use of Solution

3 years

Customer Service: 4 out of 5Technical Support: 4 out of 5

We previously used Firstlogic as a data quality tool. We found that Informatica is more feasible and user friendly than Firstlogic.

Implementation Team

In-house.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes. Trillium.
5 Comments

"Salama Aleikum,

Amaze! I have been looking bing for hours because of this and i also in the end think it is in this article!https://asha24.com/blog/informatica-idq-tutorials-training-certification-and-interview-qa/""> Maybe I recommend you something helps me all the time?

Looking for a template (Excel is best) to document all the IDQ rules. The intention is that this template will be passed to the data owners to share the rules with development team in a detailed way. Look for what all attributes are must to gather.

Awesome! Thanks for putting this all in one place. Very useful!
Kind Regards,
kevin"

31 March 18
Sanjay-KumarReal UserTOP 20

Bonjour,

Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along.
I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have

Good luck on your test and I'd be interested to hear your testing thoughts.
Almost all function specifications I've seen so far are https://medium.com/@infamdm02/100-free-informatica-idq-training-the-best-informatica-data-quality-tutorial-you-need-8b4ae4f35ac6"> intellectual property of the respective organisation.
But you can find some templates in Velocity, the Best Practices collection provided and maintained by Informatica Professional Services.

I read multiple articles and watched many videos about how to use this tool - and was still confused! Your instructions were easy to understand and made the process simple.

Ciao,
Irene Hynes

12 May 18

Hi There,

Great post. Can’t get any more straight forward than this article. Thanks!

If you are talking about Database update statement on BO, it's a strict NO. The BO data have lots of associated data like XREF, History table which also needs to be updated along with the BO. Also, the BO tables have fields like last updated date which https://medium.com/@infamdm02/mdm-tutorial-b3d750f5df3d"> needs to be updated when any field in the record changes. If you make a DB update on one field and miss out on any of the rest, then the whole record will be corrupted.

Excellent tutorials - very easy to understand with all the details. I hope you will continue to provide more such tutorials.

Kind Regards,
Rahul

14 May 18
Ganesh PonnaConsultant

Hi Mate,

Smokin hot stuff! You’ve trimmed my dim. I feel as bright and fresh as your prolific website and blogs!

I hope there are not detailed navigation questions such as I have experienced on other Informatica tests, because who memorizes each menu path dill-down to get to some detailed setting. We have moved past the old days of having to https://asha24.com/informatica-idq-training"> Informatica IDQ training USA remember long DOS string commands. That's why we have a menu navigation system today.

THANK YOU!! This saved my butt today, I’m immensely grateful.

28 May 18

Hi There,

You make learning and reading addictive. All eyes fixed on you. Thank you being such a good and trust worthy guide.

Thank you for your helpful sugestions https://medium.com/@infamdm02/100-free-informatica-idq-training-the-best-informatica-data-quality-tutorial-you-need-8b4ae4f35ac6">Informatica IDQ training USA.
I tried the option IS_EXPR_VAR and it is treating the string as a expression.
But my requirement is that I have this expression logic changing for each record.
so I need to lookup for each record, fetch the logic and set this to mapping variable.
But when i try to set it , it gives me below error.

Best Regards,