Informatica Data Quality Review

Data profiling features help us to improve quality and mature our business processes

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for data quality management.

How has it helped my organization?

We have matured as an organization with regards to better quality management, and we have evolved over time. This solution has had a positive impact on our efficiency, especially with regard to finance officers. They rely on the quality of data for customers and vendors so that they can invoice properly.

From a sales point of view, there are also improvements.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is data profiling. We are able to set rules, establish a data quality management platform, and monitor the quality. These features are excellent.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better visuals for business users, such as a dashboard where they can precisely track where problems are. You should be able to better visualize data quality.

We have been using this solution for about nine years.

This solution is stable.

The technical support for this solution is good. They have a good mechanism for support and I haven't experienced any problem with it.

Prior to using this solution, we did not use a dedicated product for data quality. Rather, we used a combination of other products. One of these was CranSoft, by BackOffice Associates.

We switched because this product was quite immature, not covering the governance part of it. It was more for data quality, only.

The initial setup of this solution is pretty much straightforward.

The deployment should not be complex, although there are other factors that influence the time it takes to complete.

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of this solution depends on your environment. If you need large scale data quality and rely heavily on different connections to ge the data, then you really need a good powerhouse and this is the best. But, for example, if you already have SAP in your organization then you may not need IDQ on top of it. There are different factors to consider.

This is a good solution, but I can't say that you can solve all of the problems using it. Informatica is focusing only on master data quality. In this regard, there is room for improvement, but it depends upon the use case.