Informatica MDM Review

A complete master data management solution with a useful fuzzy matching feature

What is most valuable?

I like the number of options that are presented with Informatica, fuzzy matching, and your screen. I feel the screen or the configuration is pretty easy and pretty straightforward. To learn or to ramp up is also pretty straightforward.

What needs improvement?

They have too many diversified products. If you don't know Informatica, it's very confusing and feels very idiotic. If you want data quality, they have one tool. For management, they have another tool. If you say MBM, they have a tool, and they have another tool to get something up. From a split tools perspective, it's confusing for a new user and somebody who doesn't understand Informatica.

They say they provide support, but it's not easy for somebody reading and didn't use Informatica before. The price could also be better.

I've been using Informatica MDM for 12 years.

It's pretty stable.

Scalability depends on what you choose and how we will do it. If you don't know things, things get complicated.

It starts pretty well, but it takes time. I would give technical support only a six or seven out of 10. I won't say it's like "wow" kind of stuff.

I have been using it for a long time, so it's pretty straightforward for us. I don't know if it was complex earlier. What we're doing is technically complex, and there's always room for improvement.

We implemented it. You need two or three people to install it, then it's easy, and one person can maintain it.

It's pretty high for us. It's more on the higher side, like low to middle high.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell new users that even though you feel it's pricey, there are a lot of options that come by default. They have to understand that they have to choose somebody who understands the product very well.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Informatica MDM an eight.

10.4.