Informatica MDM Review
Excellent MDM in my opinion. Needs better workflows for our business users.

Valuable Features:

- Seamless integration of MDM, data quality and data integration modules - Repository of data models from other customers - very useful! - Support for multiple domains including product and location data - Flexible architecture supports registry, consolidation, coexistence, and transaction styles. We use the coexistence style. - Management of party data - Performance is good, even as our database has grown in size over the past year

Room for Improvement:

- When we compared Informatica to SAP, we realized that we lose the ability to integrate easily with our SAP business applications - Needs more preconfigured business rules and services - Weak in data stewardship. The UI in particular needs improvement. - Reporting can be improved.

Other Advice:

Facebook integration looks interesting, but we haven't taken advantage of it. Informatica is a very innovative company in my opinion.
1 visitor found this review helpful

1 Comment

it_user68496Real User

Regarding SAP integration- Depends on your scale, existing infrastructure, SLAs, etc. - it's always a minefield. In abstract terms, the products themselves will integrate without major issues. My personal biggest gripe with Informatica is their pricing model, it is outrageous for large data volumes, everything is good until one looks at the price tag.

07 November 13