- Seamless integration of MDM, data quality and data integration modules
- Repository of data models from other customers - very useful!
- Support for multiple domains including product and location data
- Flexible architecture supports registry, consolidation, coexistence, and transaction styles. We use the coexistence style.
- Management of party data
- Performance is good, even as our database has grown in size over the past year
Room for Improvement:
- When we compared Informatica to SAP, we realized that we lose the ability to integrate easily with our SAP business applications
- Needs more preconfigured business rules and services
- Weak in data stewardship. The UI in particular needs improvement.
- Reporting can be improved.
Facebook integration looks interesting, but we haven't taken advantage of it. Informatica is a very innovative company in my opinion.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Mar 15 2013