Informatica MDM Review
It reduces duplicate, inaccurate, and poor-quality data, but I would like to see more ETL capabilities.
- Integration - it provides a single code-base with all data management technologies, and handles all entity data types in all modes (for operational and analytical use)
- Model-Driven - it models an organization’s business definitions according to its own requirements and style. All metadata and business services are generated on the organization’s definitions. Informatica MDM Hub can be configured with history and lineage.
- Flexible - it implements all types of MDM styles registry. Reconciled trusted source of truth and styles can be combined within a single hub. Informatica MDM Hub also coexists with legacy hubs.
- Reporting – it has an integrated Data Stewardship User Interface Application which has been recently integrated with Jasper reports. One of the most powerful open source reporting engines which can provide on demand MIS (Management Information System) reporting
Improvements to My Organization
I've never been a client, but can suggest the usage across industry verticals.
- Regulatory compliance, such as financial reporting and data privacy requirements
- Avoid corporate embarrassments. For example, you can improve recall effectiveness and avoid mailing to deceased individuals.
- Cost savings by streamlining business processes, consolidating software licenses, and reducing the costs associated with data administration, application development, data cleansing, third-party data providers, and capital costs.
- Productivity improvements across the organization by reducing duplicate, inaccurate, and poor-quality data, helping to refocus resources on more strategic or higher-value activities.
- Increased revenue by improving visibility and access to accurate customer data, resulting in increased yields for marketing campaigns and better opportunities for cross-selling and up-selling to customers and prospects.
- Strategic goals, such as customer loyalty and retention, supply chain excellence, strategic sourcing and contracting, geographic expansion, and marketing effectiveness.
Room for Improvement
UI application performance was quite disappointing until v9.0.x, but with 9.5 and later versions, they have facelifted the UI. Still there are some performance improvement scopes.
I would like to see a custom service based integration of MDM Hub with the Informatica Data Director (presently JMS and SIF) and a seamless usage of Informatica 9.5+ versions with other databases such as SQL server which still has quite a few bugs.
I would like to see more ETL capabilities inside the MDM tool to be a self-sufficient in handling data extractions
Use of Solution
I've used it for about five years, including 9.0.x (7/10), and 9.1.x (7.5/10).
Sometimes, but it depends largely on the design decisions.
Customer Service and Technical Support
Absolutely brilliant. Their on-demand support is really good speaking from a development team perspective.
Very straightforward. You just need to finalize the version based on business requirements, and I always suggest you get the latest version. And there is a Product Availability Matrix available which will guide you through the rest of the process.