Informatica MDM Review
Valuable features include data quality improvement, analytics, and reporting.

What is most valuable?

Valuable features include:

• 360 degree view of customer data
  • Data quality improvement through better decision making with respect to BI
  • Analytics and reporting
  • Improvement in he customer experience with better services provided to the application users
  • Consistent support to the business through process standardization supported by effective Change Management and Data Governance

How has it helped my organization?

We had implemented it across leading Life Science domain. Clients looked to implement a MDM solution for Customer data, which will create a Golden Record from multiple source systems.

Single and consistent view of Customer Data arising from a centralized data set with unique customer records.

Customer data is a critical asset that must be managed within the enterprise.

An integrated Master Data Management solution is needed to enable a 360-degree view of its Customers and provide accurate and timely Customer information.

The ability to link customer information across HCPs (Healthcare Providers), managed markets, hospitals and institutional accounts enables an enhanced view of the customer.

What needs improvement?

I am looking forward to integration with leading data providers, such as DaaS in the Life Science domain.

I'm using Informatica MDM since 2012 in various version XUSP2,9.1,9.5.1,10.1 and 10.2

There were a few stability issues, but overall it is a stable product.

When it comes to scalability, it is the best product in the market.

I would give technical support a rating of 9/10.

I looked into other products in this segment, but we never implemented them.

The setup was pretty simple.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest to just go for it. It is the best MDM solution in the market.

3 Comments

Monirul IslamConsultant

Smart Search is an amazing feature which increased the overall productivity and user experience of business users.

03 November 17
Monirul IslamConsultant

There is another amazing feature, ActiveVos, which replaced Siperian workflow. ActiveVos has the capability to build any BPM workflow, though few are pre-configured but we can develop new workflows using ActiveVos designer as per our need.

16 April 18
Sanjay-KumarReal UserTOP 5

Hi Man,

10/10 !!! Thank you for making your blogs an embodiment of perfection and simplicity. You make everything so easy to follow.

Q1, Update Strategy vs. Treat Source Rows As: wrong. The UPD just tells the pmdtm process whether the current record shall be inserted into the target, updated (according to the update details!), deleted from the target, or rejected. Data Driven just means that the flag set by the UPD shall be observed, instead of handling all records the same way.
When the UPD flags a record as DD_UPDATE, then the choice between https://medium.com/@infamdm02/100-free-informatica-pim-training-the-best-informatica-product-360-tutorial-you-need-796be2816d68"> Update Else Insert , Insert Else Update, or Update As Update will be followed.
In all other cases this choice does not apply.

OK, one additional BUT: if you flag a record for DD_INSERT but you don't check the checkbox "Insert", then the record will NOT be inserted into the target table.
The same holds true for the three Update flags and the Delete flag in the appropriate manner.

Q2, SCD without an UPD: if you want to work without an UPD transformation, then you will need separate mappings and sessions for the INSERT records, the UPDATE records, and the DELETE records.

Q3: where's the difference to Q2?

Q4, default values:
Treat Source Rows As = Insert
Insert, Update As Update, and Delete are checked by default.

I am so grateful for your blog. Really looking forward to read more.

Sanjay