Informatica MDM Review
I recommend reviewing and assessing the volume of data you will incorporate into the MDM, because the pricing seems to be based on row count used at the MDM Entities you built.

What is most valuable?

The flexibility to interact with many different sources and targets like Oracle, MySQL , Flat Files, Informix, SAP thru PowerExchange, applying different transformations that you can configure in an intuitive way, gives both business and IT teams the opportunity to track the data lineage and also to provide value to the data workflows you create, integrated to feed the MDM solution together with Data Quality processes.

How has it helped my organization?

The portability to use your integration flows into MDM and Data Quality helps to improve the data stewardship and also provides value for the metadata management you can take advantage of to document your business rules while interacting with different business data.

What needs improvement?

The product ranking we provide is 8 out of 10 -- because there are parts of connectivity with SAP Non-Unicode that are not supported by Informatica, since they only provide connectors to write on SAP Unicode. Then, we had to develop and enable the connectivity to write into SAP Non-Unicode.

Mainly, MDM requires improvement when you need to migrate your version to a later one -- because it is very difficult and takes a lot of time to convert the processes you have already developed and implemented on a previous version, and can cause a need to rework the processes.

We've been using the Informatica Solution for Data Integration and Data Quality for 12 years. We've been using MDM for seven years.

Sometimes the IDD console connectivity.

The difference between components and functionality from one version to the immediate latest one.

It is good, however response time is always depending on the support contract you acquire.

SAP MDG. At that point in time, it was not prepared to provide flexible integration and data quality process to generate a 360 view.

The initial setup was kind of complex while polishing the business requirements to be translated into technical flows.

Yes -- SAP MDG and IBM MDM .

What other advice do I have?

First, you need to assess the status quo of data integration and data quality at your organization, then, after you settle these strategies and implement the solutions, it is advisable to go for MDM.

If you do it the other way around, it will cause a lot of headaches and will cost you many more resources, time, and overall creditability to generate value beyond just results.

1 visitor found this review helpful