Informatica MDM Review

What is our primary use case?

Each use case is basically based on two pillars, one is MDM tools (for better consolidated integrated master data) and the second pillar is the e-governance (the quality dimension).

You can build something, you can expose it as a service, which can be consumed by anyone. But there is a good benefit that helps us on boarding new applications, having a seamless connectivity between these. Our center which plays a very good role in ATL, also works well. It has an ADT Meta Data Management business glossary, for filing those kind of components, and it helped us in really maturing from a governance point of view and from an infrastructure set-up point of view.

What is most valuable?

It gives you accountability to centralize your data and have it available to different applications. Its not limited up to specific platform, SAP for example is quite rigid in connecting outside SAP, and within SAP it is fantastic.

What needs improvement?

I think they should work really hard on UI.

More than five years.

The stability is considered "number one." The agility is much better as compared to others.

The scalability of the solution is excellent.

Tech support is good.

The initial setup was straightforward. If you want to use immediate features, it has out-of-the-box features. But, if you want to play around with it, then it can get more complex.

It's expensive, but if you're looking for a stable solution, Informatica is a good one to choose.

We looked at Informatica MDM vs SAP (solutions) and Informatica MDM vs Microsoft MDS.