Informatica PIM Review

It is scalable and comes with good staging and hierarchical features, but its look and feel needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We would like to centralize all our product information systems. Currently, the product information is stored in various disparate systems, and we would like to bring it to a single place.

What is most valuable?

The staging and hierarchical features are the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

Its look and feel needs improvement. It has a lousy look and feel.

Informatica PIM is designed specifically for the retail industry. They need to make sure that it is also applicable to all the other industries and verticals.

I have been using Informatica PIM for almost two years.

It has 75% stability.

It has good scalability. Because of the cloud, we are able to expand it. Sometimes, we do run into issues, but it is mostly good.

We have around 250 to 300 users with IT, business, data governance, and DQ roles.

We haven't yet contacted them.

We used an Oracle solution. We switched to Informatica PIM because of the licensing cost.

The initial setup was done by Informatica. We didn't face any issues.

We switched to Informatica PIM because it was cheaper than the Oracle solution. It is cheaper initially, but they will bundle it later. This is what happens in the industry.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest to watch out. Informatica PIM is designed specifically for the retail industry. To use it for manufacturing, you need to think twice and make sure that it satisfies your business requirements. When you are asking for a free demo from Informatica, make sure that you tell your use case and ask them to configure it in a way that suits your business use case. Otherwise, it is not going to solve your problem.

I would rate Informatica PIM a six out of ten.

Private Cloud

A.6.1
More Informatica PIM reviews from users
...who compared it with Informatica MDM
Find out what your peers are saying about Informatica, SAP, Stibo Systems and others in Master Data Management. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.