• As it supports large data volumes, so it meets the demands of our company for security and performance.
• It helps us in making better and timelier business decisions by providing us the right information at the right time.
• Delivers data throughout our enterprise by accessing and integrating data in all formats.
• Provides security, scalability, performance to our system and establishes a foundation for our enterprise-wide data integration initiatives.
• Enables our teams of developers, analysts, and administrators to work faster and better together and also reduces our IT costs by encouraging collaboration and minimizing the development complexities.
Room for Improvement:
• It is very expensive. High end.
• We provided training of SQL to our staff before using this product. Because a good understanding of SQL is mandatory for using Powercenter.
• GUI: Lack of clarity and consistency created problems for our staff. So it requires some improvements.
• We used the services of highly skilled persons for installation of powercenter. Novice staff can’t install this product properly.
Our organization is using it because it is one of the leading data integration tools available in the market and supports large data volumes and meets our demands for security and performance. PowerCenter is serving as the data integration foundation for our enterprise integration initiatives including data warehousing, data governance, data migration, SOA), and MDM. Powercenter in my opinion has the best data transfer technologies including its standard, advanced, big data, real time, data virtualization and cloud editions.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Feb 22 2013