Informatica PowerCenter Review

Easy to use and very good for quickly integrating a huge amount of data

What is our primary use case?

We are using Informatica PowerCenter to process the data of the files in the landing zone. These files contain a huge amount of data, and Informatica PowerCenter is the source for us to push the data to Azure Synapse. We are using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

Informatica PowerCenter is very good for integrating a huge amount of data in a very short duration, such as a minute.

It is also very easy to use. After you provide the source and the target, mappings are automatically done, which makes it easy to use for the development team.

What needs improvement?

Its scalability can be improved. It is not scalable.

I have been using this solution for one year.

We have not experienced any technical challenges with this solution.

It is not scalable. Currently, we have three users of this solution.

We have not experienced any technical challenges with this solution.

There is no installation. After they provide the URL, you just log in. You just need the server details, and you can just log in with your Windows credentials.

Our client has purchased the license, and we are using it.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I would rate Informatica PowerCenter an eight out of ten.

More Informatica PowerCenter reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with SSIS
Learn what your peers think about Informatica PowerCenter. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.