Informatica PowerExchange Review

Stable and Scalable with good data transformation capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for getting the data from the source and loading it into the warehouse by performing data transformation.

How has it helped my organization?

We can now update data from several source files from both a database or java source.

What is most valuable?

The data transformation is the solution's most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs better integration with other tools.

The solution needs to be more user-friendly. Right now, a first time user needs to get training before they can use the solution.

I've been using the solution for five years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable. We can include many other sources and load it into the table. The solution can be scaled to various other transformations. We have 100-200 people using the solution currently. We do not plan to increase usage at this time.

We haven't had a reason to reach out to technical support yet.

The initial setup has a moderate amount of difficulty. It's not straightforward, but it's not too complex. Our deployment was a scheduled deployment. We planned it so that it happened incrementally.

We had a team that was specialized in Informatica handle the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. I'd rate it higher if it was more user-friendly and had better integration with other tools.