Informatica PowerExchange Review

Has all of the necessary capabilities to pull incremental data from the source system

What is our primary use case?

We use PowerExchange to track data from the CDC, from sources like Oracle, DB2 or SQL Servers. That is pretty much what this tool is designed for and that's exactly what we use it for.

What is most valuable?

Overall, it's a good tool. It's currently number one on the market. It pretty much has all the necessary capabilities to pull the incremental data from the source system, technically speaking.

Overall, I am pretty satisfied.

What needs improvement?

The one place where it could be improved is definitely pricing. That's a very big problem. It depends product to product, but pricing is an issue. They have their own way of pricing it. I'm coming from a technical background, so I don't get myself involved much in pricing.

Additionally, I definitely would love to have a PowerExchange tool without having to connect to the call center, to just to load the data directly into the respective target components. This would be very preferable.

All in all, they already have a good monitoring tool. It would be better if they could add the feature where we could avoid the call center feed and use PowerExchange directly to our target databases.

I've been working with Informatica for the last 18 years.

Their technical support is good. They have a good system of responding back to queries. Some queries gets resolved immediately and some queries take time to get resolved, but they do get resolved.

What other advice do I have?

PowerExchange is a very good tool to work with. It has the capabilities and compared to other tools, this tool has more features. It collaborates with the call center on more features, so definitely, it's a good tool to work with.

On a scale of one to ten, I would give it an eight.

I would definitely recommend Informatica PowerExchange.

Hybrid Cloud