Informatica PowerExchange Review

Easy to use with a good user interface and good performance

What is our primary use case?

We use Informatica PowerExchange for all of our ETL and data warehousing tasks.

PowerExchange is something to be used in conjunction with Hadoop. It provides the native features and you can connect to the HDFS system.

What is most valuable?

The performance when doing data transformations is good.

The user interface and user experience are perfectly all right.

What needs improvement?

Informatica is very expensive in all aspects, so the pricing is something that could be improved.

We are using many other tools for data ingestion that are part of the Apache family, NiFi. When we see that we have some challenges we then use other tools.

We have been using PowerExchange for about two years.

This is a very stable solution and we use it on a daily basis.

This is a scalable solution. My team is the only one in the company who uses it daily, and there are approximately 10 people in the group.

We have not been in touch with Informatica technical support for this solution. However, we have dealt with them in relation to other products. I would rate them a seven or eight out of ten. Overall, they are pretty good.

We did not use a similar solution prior to this one.

The initial setup and deployment were very simple for us. It takes approximately a week's time to complete.

Our development team manages the environment.

The implementation was done primarily by our own team members. We did have a contracting company who helped us with this, and they formally interact with Informatica.

What other advice do I have?

I would say that this is one of the best tools for any data ingestion mechanism. It has tremendous capabilities for data movement from one environment and multiple environments, and it can also be used for providing API services.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Informatica PowerExchange reviews from users