Informatica logo

Informatica Test Data Management Review
We used data masking to remove sensitive information from test data. It allowed us to create subsets of data for different teams.

Valuable Features

Data Masking and creating subsets of data.

Improvements to My Organization

One of our banking clients didn’t want to give live business data to developers, as it had sensitive information. We had to mask the data using Informatica TDM and leverage its built-in algorithm of seed values.

We also had to create a subset of data that had to be given to different teams. For example, the sales team only needed sales information and didn’t require customer information such as Social Security Number. The team working on credit information needed the Social Security Number. So we created subsets of data for each team from the master data.

Room for Improvement

They have to create more transformations that can be utilized in the tool. TDM has limited capability in this regard.

Use of Solution

I have been using this product for almost a year.

We never had issues with stability.

Informatica is highly scalable.

Technical support was really helpful when we were setting up our servers and they responded fairly quickly to questions.

We did not have anything before, as our client is a big Informatica vendor. A close second was IBM InfoSphere Optim.

The setup was fairly straightforward once you set up the nodes, servers, repositories, and environment variables.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I am not aware of the pricing of this product.

Other Solutions Considered

We looked at IBM InfoSphere, but we were always going with the Informatica product. We already had other Informatica products.

Other Advice

Only use this product if you have business requirement for creating subsets and masking. If you need real time masking, you can utilize Informatica Dynamic Data Masking.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Informatica Test Data Management?

Our experts can help. 239,537 professionals have used our research on 5,957 solutions.