Informatica

Informatica Test Data Management Review
The data masking feature has been the most frequently used one.

Valuable Features:

The data masking feature has been the most frequently used one. Masking of sensitive production data was my main job.

Improvements to My Organization:

This product saves time by enabling pretty quick development of data masking/sub-setting the Informatica code.

Room for Improvement:

• Help file: More detailed steps must be added with illustrative screen images
  • Administrator support documentation

Use of Solution:

I have used this product for about two years. I have used it to create data masking solutions for various projects for my clients during the years 2013 and 2014.

Stability Issues:

We did encounter stability issues. The service component on the Informatica PowerCenter server had unexpected outages, multiple times, at irregular intervals.

Although the PowerCenter host server was up and running, the product was not accessible/usable since the TDM service was down.

There is no client installation available for this product.

This product can only be used on a web browser like Internet Explorer.

The response from Informatica support was nil.

Previous Solutions:

I used the Informatica PowerCenter tools for the manual creation of data masking codes. I switched to this due to its comparatively, lightning fast, code development.

Initial Setup:

While using this product for development, the initial steps were mostly like hit and miss as the help manual was insufficient. Since the product has a web-based client interface, navigation during the initial couple of days was a pain.

Other Solutions Considered:

I only did a theoretical comparative study of this product with other products like Grid-Tools, Dataguise, and Camouflage.

Other Advice:

This has been created as an add-on to the robust and famous Informatica PowerCenter server. (If the available, internet bandwidth is strong.)

I would like to rate the product as follows:

• Usability/Ease of use (developer): I would give it a rating of 9/10, as it enables quick code development.
  • Help file: I would give it a rating of 6/10, as it needs a considerable amount of improvement to be user-friendly.
  • Admin control: I would give it a rating of 7/10, since the Informatica admin was unable to start up its service for unknown reasons.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Informatica Test Data Management?

Our experts can help. 217,939 professionals have used our research on 5,608 solutions.