Informatica Test Data Management Review

Helps us accomplish our goals of slicing and masking data. The interface design needs improvement.

What is most valuable?

• It has good integration with other platform products
  • Imports data domains and profiles created with other tools of the suite, such as analysts and developers

How has it helped my organization?

It forced the organization to a more extensive and deeper profiling of data. We got a better understanding of our data, which also helped the startup of MDM projects.

What needs improvement?

The interface design needs improvement. Sometimes it’s a bit cumbersome. It could be more uniform with other tools such as analyst, including organization and functionality.

I have used this solution for almost a year.

I have not had any stability issues.

I have not had any scalability issues because the product uses the ETL part of the suite (PowerCenter).

Informatica’s support for the entire platform is very good and this product is no exception.

We didn’t have a previous solution.

The setup is not complex, but not completely straightforward. With a bit of trial and error, we developed a good methodology to accomplish our goals, i.e., mainly slicing and masking the data.

I don’t have such information. Generally speaking, with Informatica you have to be extremely careful of what are you buying because sometimes the licensing model is a bit tricky.

We have not tried other products.

What other advice do I have?

Take extreme care in developing an effective strategy to use the sections of the product that you need.