InfoVista VistaInsight Review

A powerful service that is very stable and scalable

What is our primary use case?

I have installed this solution in Telecom and Vodafone.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features is the presentation layer, which is very good and very fast. It has a very powerful data aggregator.

What needs improvement?

The presentation of the features can be improved. It can be more user-friendly for the visual part of the portal and to allow the customer to be able to use. Also, they should add some integration, to add some mobility to connect data to correlate the data based on performance management data. They should also add some integration.

I have been using InfoVista VistaInsight for 15 years.

My impression is that the solution is very stable. Before we got the results last year it was running for more than seven, eight years

The solution is very scalable. It's easy and because they have different portals, it's very scalable.

My experience with technical support has been perfect. I can talk directly to them for specific issues at any point in the day.

I have previously used another solution, IBM Proviso.

It was implemented in-house. I started it myself. I'm a consultant in a configuration company and myself and my colleagues installed it on a test client, in a test environment, which we were able to improve ourselves.

In terms of advice on licensing, I'm noticing a lot of people are trying to avoid the license, especially in Italy.

What other advice do I have?

It's a very powerful service, you have to use your training and understand how to work it. After that, it's very easy to collect and to use. It may be hard to use for the administrators. It's like a Ferrari, if you're a very good driver you'll go to 300 but you have to know how to drive it. If you have a Ferrari but you don't know how to use it, it's not going to be good. Also, it's very important to understand what the customer needs to decide on what kind of products you are going to use, and what product and what solution to implement.

I would rate the solution nine out of 10.