Intellect BPM Review

What is most valuable?

The capability to interface with other applications and systems is the most valuable feature for us. For example, Intellect built an interface to our online banking platform and core system. This gave our bank a tremendous advantage to add new features to the online banking system and have those transactions flow into Intellect where it's routed to the appropriate department and/or update the core system.

How has it helped my organization?

We used it to automate over 100 operational processes. The organization had embraced Intellect as the go-to method for implementing new processes. It's played a big part in the vision of end-to-end automation.

What needs improvement?

They need to offer more customization to the User Interface so that the native mobile app can be branded with the client’s logo/brand. Also, they should make it so that the custom/branded app can be download from the app stores.

I've used it for several years.

There were no issues or surprises that I can recall. Deployment on-premise was easy and we started small with only a few workflows. The deployment issues we had were more related to our staff and training and not technical.

There were no stability issues that I can recall. There were some latency issues, but those were mostly due to network response on our side. The Intellect product is very stable itself.

We started with a few processes and grew to over 100; therefore, no scalability issues. My experience was at a bank for 200 internal users and 35,000 customers who access Intellect workflows externally.

This has been one of their greatest strengths. Their staff is professional, highly qualified and issues can be escalated easily if necessary.

They have many levels of technical staff. There are engineers and others that work at a higher level. Tech support appears to be organized and responsive.

Our previous application was a monster in terms of administration. It required staff with programming/scripting experience and took days to complete simple, straight-forward workflows.

The initial setup was painless. We had one IT administrator assigned to the project and he assisted on a part-time basis. The process is very turn-key to get up and running. Most time is spent on collaborating with others internally to design the workflows, make decisions etc. The technology has less of an impacted, as it should.

Implementation was in-house and vendor assisted. The vendor was supportive every step of the way. I would rate the vendor as excellent in terms of the implementation.

The ROI was significant. I can't remember the exact dollars, but with time and material savings plus soft savings such as reduction in errors and improved service quality, the payback on investment was about one year. More important and in retrospect, operating without BPM and Intellect was simply ridiculous.

The pricing model has changed over the last few years so I can't recommend anything specific other that opting for the enterprise version so that the product can eventually be deployed enterprise-wide.

Yes, one other was Adobe which we had used previously. I don't recall the others we looked at, but do recall getting the biggest bang-for-the-buck with Intellect.

What other advice do I have?

I believe with the addition of mobile application support and being able to access workflows via a mobile device, it's a real game changer that organizations should take advantage.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I was a customer/decision-maker at my previous employer and now I am a partner through my company.