IntelliCorp LiveCompare Review

Accurately identifies what will be affected in production after a change or upgrade

What is our primary use case?

LiveCompare functions as an app store to provide required functionality and reporting for different aspects of the SAP environment's lifecycle. There are over 200 out-of-the-box apps available.

How has it helped my organization?

Part of my organization's business is offering professional services for SAP-related projects. Using LiveCompare, our teams are able to streamline and optimize the resources needed to complete on-site customer projects.

For example, one of our customers wanted to upgrade their ECC 6.0 environment with EHP8. Using LiveCompare, we were able to determine quickly what should be tested and what test scenarios to build.

What is most valuable?

The LiveCompare apps that my customers and I have benefitted from the most are analyses and reports on the following:

• Upgrades – LiveCompare's Impact Analysis functionality accurately identifies what will be affected in production as the result of a change or an upgrade. It can also pinpoint accurately the scope of testing needed in anticipation of an upgrade.
  • Migration to SAP Hana – LiveCompare's unique reporting and advanced analytics streamline the entire migration process to SAP Hana, while minimizing costs, risk, and time.
  • SAP License management optimization.
  • Custom code analytics – Includes usage monitoring, quality and performance monitoring, Java analysis, and ABAP code quality.
  • Testing - LiveCompare optimizes the entire testing phase in upgrade projects.

What needs improvement?

From my experience with the product, I would suggest adding a feature that would allow a customer who is reviewing the LiveCompare results to be able to connect remotely with one of IntelliCorp's experts (aside from their support) in order to assist the customer to better understand the results.

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

Tech support is excellent. IntelliCorp's personnel are always available when needed and have many years of SAP experience.

In the past, we would use standard SAP tools and manual work to produce and analyze the required reports for upgrading, testing, etc.

Using LiveCompare allows us to automate many of the required tasks while gaining access to data needed to optimize our SAP environments with fewer resources than before.

LiveCompare is quick and easy to set up on-premise or in the cloud. You have these two options, depending on your requirements. If you need help, the team at IntelliCorp is very responsive.

IntelliCorp is flexible in terms of licensing and the pricing structure. They are open to discussing a customer's specific requirements.

We evaluated IntelliCorp LiveCompare vs Panaya to use for an upcoming upgrade project. Panaya does not support certain aspects of the SAP lifecycle.

What other advice do I have?

When examining LiveCompare for various projects with my customers, I always have one of IntelliCorp's experts join the conversation. They are very knowledgeable and can suggest how to use the solution in ways we had not thought of.