IntelliFlash Review

It provides a combination of protocols without losing deduplication and compression.

How has it helped my organization?

Moving over from NetApp to Tegile was easy because of the software completion. It was less complex to install. It takes around twenty minutes to activate storage.

What is most valuable?

It provides a combination of all the protocols that you need, without losing deduplication and compression. It is easy to manage and control.

What needs improvement?

The system has been used, but not with all the features in it. One feature that could improve is Call-Home alerts. At the moment, the system allows access to the internet directly or over a proxy, but in the proxy section you can’t choose a user account and password, so it is not allowed at the moment to go out, if customer has such constellation.

In case of security it is important for my customer to control any access from out to in and vice versa. The issue is addressed to Tegile and will be a part of one of the next patch in summer 2017.

There were no stability issues. It’s what the customer expects from a storage solution with five nines availability.

There were no scalability issues. It is easy to expand. Performance is the same or equal to the number of shelves you add, because every shelf is SSD-powered.

This is greatly different to the NetApp solution, which the customer had used before. If you add shelves in NetApp, then the performance goes down.

The technical support team is perfect. They are fast and competent.

We have used NetApp and the reason why we switched was due to the overall cost. After five years, the cost decreases over 30% and the performance increases over 50%.

As mentioned before, it takes around twenty minutes to go into production. The setup was easy and has a clear Web UI.

After the system starts, you change the IP, make the array active, build a LUN, and then present it to vSphere. That’s all.

We did a complete evaluation, in terms of an ROI of the competitor products. (This is a specialty of our company.)

NetApp, Atlantis USX, and SimpliVity were the products we evaluated. We also looked into sourcing to a provider.

What other advice do I have?

All the features should be calculated with the company's cost and effect to the business. Every company has its own DNA, so the best solution for each business differs.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are partners, but not on a reselling level, only for getting all the technical information of these systems. Use our expertise and call us (www.holistic3.com), for a complete vendor independent ROI.