IntelliFlash Review

The extra capacity has allowed us to consolidate most of our storage onto one platform.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

High performance and ease-of-management are the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

It's annoying that if you turn on SMB3 (as opposed to the earlier CIFS protocol), then it is not possible to access a file store using a mixture of SMB and NFS. This is a serious restriction for a multi-protocol file server.

Snapshots are not as easy to access as on a NetApp device.

We have not had issues with stability.

Support has been good, although we haven't needed to use it much.

We switched from NetApp, mainly due to cost.

The setup was reasonably straightforward, although the documentation could be improved in terms of the networking.

We evaluated NetApp.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good product with good support. I would recommend it.

1 Comment
RRuttkowskiReal UserTOP 20

Dear David,

nice report and its real, extra capacity, less management than on NetApp, but not all functions are as easy as on NetApp. If you rfefer to other storage solutions like pure or nimble you will find out really fast, that tegile is more complete than others. Also the license model is easy and clear, you can use what you get without pain of license fees if you scale up or out.

What we need here are more reports about Tegile from real situations and real customers lets work on it
Kind regards Rüdiger