IntelliFlash Review

Improved throughput throughout our organization, and very robust

What is our primary use case?

It is our primary shared storage. Primary uses are to support virtual machines and SQL database.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved throughput throughout the organization. Our entire server stack runs on this. It has cut batch job runtime in half, so we're seeing performance improvement throughout the organization.

What is most valuable?

It's very fast. We were seeing read latencies of less than one millisecond. It is robust. This is our second Tegile product, so we are happy with the company and their support.

It's very flexible. It has features we don't even use at this point.

What needs improvement?

It does what we need.

Very stable, just like the other Tegile array that we had, which was a hybrid array. Not as high performance, but always very solid, very stable.

I would say it's somewhat scalable, maybe not so much as some of the competition, but we don't really care. It has more capacity than we need. We're not even likely to upgrade it.

For the previous box we used tech support on a couple of occasions, and we used their tech support to do the installation of this box. They're very competent.

We were using another Tegile product, a hybrid array, and were seeing average latencies of about eight milliseconds, but we were seeing spikes up to 50 milliseconds, and when that happened everything slowed down. We were looking for a performance improvement across the board.

When selecting a vendor I would say

• price
  • performance
  • support

would be our top criteria.

I was not involved personally in the setup. We have a network administrator and he worked with the Tegile engineer to set it up. But I think it was pretty straightforward.

This time around it was Tegile versus Pure Storage. We went with Tegile, because they made us a good offer, and we were happy with them from our previous experience.

What other advice do I have?

We don't really have any other comparison. We're perfectly happy with it, so I'd have to give it a 10 out of 10.

I would tell colleagues to at least consider Tegile. They're not as big a name, they were probably left off your list. However, they are financially stable now that Western Digital is backing them, and it's a good product.

1 visitor found this review helpful