InterSystems Ensemble Review

We use the solution for web services.

What is most valuable?

• We use Ensemble mostly for web services (clients and services).
  • All messages and events are stored, so we can respond rapidly to any failures.
  • Ensemble has a lot of ready adapters, such as File, TCP, LDAP and SQL.
  • It has the graphical Business Process Language and Data Transformation Language.
  • It works on top of the InterSystems cache, which I am familiar with.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been using Ensemble from the beginning, so I cannot compare the situation before and after its use.

What needs improvement?

It would be good to enhance the schedule interface. There is no indication that lets us know if a module has stopped.

Shortly speaking, each business host has color in the Production page. Meanings of colors are described in a "Legend" link on the Production page.

Also, each business host either has or has no private pool (processes that work
with its queues). When we stop a business host by scheduling, its private processes are killed (if they exist).

Such a situation is not expressed in changing business host color. The only way to check if a business host is stopped by scheduling is to check its processes presence.

My first experience with Ensemble started four years ago, but I cannot say that I use it every day.

I haven't encountered any issues with stability, but I don't use Ensemble very often.

I haven't encountered any issues with scalability. We have no more than 10-20 business hosts.

The InterSystems technical support (WRC) is perfect and highly qualified.

I am not aware of any previous solutions in use.

If you want to connect with another system, you have a lot of action items. This is true with every integration product.

The pricing policy of InterSystems is very flexible. It's better to connect with their office directly for such questions.

I am not aware of any other solutions evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

Knowledge of cache administration will help you very much.