IQ Bot Review

Feature-rich, deals well with unstructured data, and the support is good

What is our primary use case?

My team uses IQ Bot primarily for unstructured data. Some of the use cases are related to capturing imagine-related data.

What is most valuable?

Our mainframe-based and web-based projects are working well, with no issues.

What needs improvement?

In one of the applications we were working on, we found challenges. Automation Anywhere enterprise 11 has troubles interacting with a Pega product that we are using. Consequently, there were projects that we were not able to complete.

One of the challenges that we faced was that the Automation Anywhere log files were being created and not cleaned up, which would eventually kill the bot. We began a practice where we cleaned out the log files on a daily basis, which improved the bot.

Automation Anywhere does not have support for all legacy systems. In the insurance industry, they mostly work with legacy systems and will not move to future technologies very soon because of the security measures, cost constraints, and other reasons. In these cases, we do not see improvements in terms of efficiency.

For all of the projects that we have worked on so far, it is stable apart from slight challenges.

There are only a few people in the company who use IQ Bot.

Technical support is good, although there were not able to solve the problem that we had with the Pega application. Whenever there is an issue brought to them, they will call, discuss the details, and make suggestions for resolution.

We have only used Automation Anywhere product systems, as the choices are entirely client-driven.

The deployment was easy for us but the control room is taken care of by the client. We need to approach them when we need to make changes. For example, they will move the code from client to server. We don't do that, as we have very limited access to the control room.

I feel that the price of IQ Bot could be lower. The licensing fees are paid on an annual basis.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product and most of the features we require are included. Our only challenge was with the Pega application, and Automation Anywhere should interact better with it. More generally, it should interact better with hybrid applications.

More IQ Bot reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with IBM Datacap
Learn what your peers think about IQ Bot. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.