IQ Bot Review

The best solution for PDF or scanned documents with valuable algorithms, OCR engines, and support for Python scripting

What is our primary use case?

I have worked on two processes. One process was pretty simple, and another one was a complex process.

What is most valuable?

I like most of the algorithms that it has, such as classified algorithms. I also like the OCR engines that it provides. We get a lot of options to explore and deal with. IQ Bot has added a lot of value in terms of extracting the information. Some OCR engines have limitations in terms of extracting the information.

They have recently added a new feature that allows us to add Python scripting. Earlier, we had to do the post-processing work in terms of formatting and updating the proper values, but now, we have the option to write a Python script, which is really helpful for us in terms of getting the output. We can manage everything using Python.

What needs improvement?

There are certain things that OCR engines are not capable of handling currently. For example, OCR engines pick up a slash as a question mark. They also don't have the capability to handle subcolumns in a column. It would be really helpful if they can add more OCR engines with advanced capabilities to handle such scenarios. We need more cognitive abilities in the OCR engines to deal with the most complex scenarios.

We also need more advanced capabilities so that IQ Bot can give better results in terms of PDF quality. This is because we cannot expect the same quality from all the vendors and customers, and there might be scenarios where we get some sort of scanned copies.

I have been using this solution for one year.

It depends on the quality of the PDF that you are dealing with. If you give a good quality document, then definitely, you will get a good output. Otherwise, you won't get a good output. We are dealing with a machine, so the input has to be proper.

It is definitely scalable. It is very good in terms of scalability. For example, I have my own invoice structure in a company, and I am currently using IQ Bot to extract some information for one customer. In the future, I will have more customers, and I would be able to easily scale it because it deals with the invoice format and structure and not with a specific account or customer.

I have experience with their technical support. There was a time when we had issues with understanding a functionality, and their technical support helped us a lot.

It is pretty easy. It is not complex. We just need to add an executable file for IQ Bot, and all other things, such as users and licensing, can be managed from the console itself. It is self-explanatory. It is similar to any software installation. You don't need any specific knowledge for this.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. It has advanced a lot over time. They had a lot of versions, which had a lot of improvements. As compared to other RPA tools that are dealing with PDF or scanned documents, IQ Bot is definitely the best solution.

I would rate IQ Bot an eight out of ten.

More IQ Bot reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with IBM Datacap
Learn what your peers think about IQ Bot. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.