ITRS Geneos Review

Initial setup is a bit complex however it provides key performance metrics to identify and reduce transaction latencies.

What is most valuable?

• Complete End-to End monitoring of Apps and infra
  • Key performance metrics to identify and reduce transaction latencies

How has it helped my organization?

Multiple views of Trading Apps

What needs improvement?

None that I can think of.

6 months

Very good

Very good

A bit complex

Ourselves

Excellent

Expensive

CA APM

What other advice do I have?

6 Comments
author avatarUser

Good info

author avatarSenior Network Engineer with 1,001-5,000 employees
TOP 10Vendor

Does this support monitoring from a centralised location to all nodes globally ? This is one of the challenges with Solarwinds which i have noticed.

author avatarMarketing Manager with 51-200 employees

Yes, Geneos supports a distributed global deployment, with centralised aggregation and visualisation of data.

author avatarSenior Network Engineer with 1,001-5,000 employees
TOP 10Vendor

That's great. I will be greatfull if someone from your product team will contact me to give demo on the product. If a centralized setup can be provided with all requirement we need, we don't mind to replace the monitoring system.

author avatarMarketing Manager with 51-200 employees

Hi Vijay. I believe my colleague is in conversation with you now. He'll be more than happy to help organise a demonstration. Many thanks

author avatarSenior Analyst at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees

Nice to see good reviews about Geneos ITRS, Yes the First time set-up may be difficult, but the help documentation and good customer service will make your work easy. The only clause is to have netprobe status ok all the time. Can you share how can this be done on linux/SunOS?