ITRS Geneos Review

It has assisted the team to identify issues pro-actively. Tutorials and plugins should be available to download from their website.

Valuable Features

The tool is highly customizable and can be tailored to your requirements. Dashboards can be created if needed and database logging can be enabled for analyzing trends and monitoring performance.

Improvements to My Organization

It has assisted the team to identify issues pro-actively, i.e. prior to a business user reporting them. This would ensure that the issue is identified and fixed in a timely manner. Also, the tools assists with stability as we are monitoring application infrastructure – application (all O/S), databases, middleware and much more.

Room for Improvement

It would be good if there were documentation on the ITRS website such as tutorials or plugins which are available to download.

Use of Solution

I've used it for three years.

We've had no deployment issues.

There have been no issues with the stability.

We've had no issues with scaling it for our needs.

I have not spoken to the vendor directly.

It was straightforward, due to the automated tools created in-house to assist teams with the installation and set up.

Implementation Team

In-house. Several tools were created by the Tech Services team to ensure the Geneos Netprobe installations and other key processes are simplified; easy to understand and use by all teams.

Other Advice

Ensure some of the samplers and types (for monitoring infrastructure i.e. disk space, hardware, memory etc ) can be used by multiple servers to prevent duplicating things. In the Gateway Setup Editor, follow the same generic folder structure and set up for all your applications (if you have more than one). This will make the Gateway easier to manage.