ITRS Geneos Review

I like the Toolkit module which allows flexible scripts to be created and inserted into Geneos without having to log onto the server.

What is most valuable?

The Toolkit module which allows flexible scripts to be created and inserted into Geneos without having to log onto the server.

How has it helped my organization?

We now get more detail about the servers than before and thus it helps us to maintain a good service for our customers.

What needs improvement?

I would like it to have a better Dashboard viewer for report building. Having something like Crystal Reports embedded with the Active Console or active console would help to build reports.

I've used this solution for years.

There were no issues with the deployment.

We had no issues with the performance.

I had issues scaling it and ended up having to distribute the load over seven gateways.

6/10

We used Sentinel which was awesome but it did not provide metric views.

It's straightforward. You take it out of the box and it's simply plug and play, but it really depends on what you would like to use the product for. My advice before setting up would be to plan on what you want to achieve the product, what you would like to view without logging on to the server, what you need to know from the server, and what your customer would expect from you.

We did the implementation in-house.

What other advice do I have?

It's a great and powerful tool. You can input anything you like into the tool, including a database for analysis.

More ITRS Geneos reviews from users