ITRS Geneos Review

With different level of user controls, we can snooze alerts from the tool itself. The email alerting mechanism which is based on Pearl is limited.

Improvements to My Organization

Three different colors indicating different level of severity makes monitoring easy. With different level of access we can assign controls to different user and most of the things are taken care by our support teams.

Valuable Features

The clean and colorful UI and easy to use options like snooze and active times. Previously, we had monitoring tools which had complicated UI's and the screen looked very dull. Also as an end user, we hardly had control over alerts triggering from the tool that had to reach to our Dev, or so called CATE teams to snooze an alert. But now with different level of user controls we can do it from the tool itself.

Room for Improvement

• The dashboard feature is full of bugs. Grouping items results in a distorted dashboard.
  • The file monitoring fails when we need to monitor the same file twice a day but we do have a workaround which is tedious.
  • The email alerting mechanism which is based on Pearl is limited. We cannot export a dataview in the email, and moreover the email format is a fixed one, and no user defined email can be sent.
  • There are too many features clubbed in for the ease of setting up an alert which makes it more complicated. For setting up a single alert you will need to navigate through at least four places.

We had no issues with the performance.

It's been able to scale for our needs.

10/10 - excellent service and tech support provided.

It was pretty straightforward. We just need to acquire a gateway which once done, is followed by probe deployment on hosts and you are done with it.

Implementation Team

We used a vendor team. I really cannot comment much here as we were not really involved in the implementation.

Other Solutions Considered

We did evaluate other solutions, and as mentioned earlier this product has many good features which are really easy to use. The UI is clean and since you have color defined with each level of severity its more easy to take up an action. The reason i'm focusing on this is because, Monitoring teams have to monitor for long hours and when the UI is dark and clumsy it really effects the monitoring.

Other Advice

This tool should be given a try where you have lot to depend on monitoring.

1 Comment
VP, Lead Software Development Engineer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employeesReal User

Some of the comments made here are truly laughable. This write up has either come from an IT novice or the competition (for want of a better word). I discard my glove sir.

18 September 16