ITRS Geneos Review

Its use of SNMP provides valuable information without affecting performance.

How has it helped my organization?

With ITRS, we are able to monitor in real time our infrastructure, whether it is hard disk failures, number of or failure of processes, and switch port packets being dropped.

What is most valuable?

ITRS uses SNMP to communicate with our devices as well as SNMP net probes installed on our servers. ITRS’s use of SNMP provides a lot of valuable information from the device without affecting performance.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a user community established to assist with implementing and supporting the product.

I would also like to see suggested guidelines to accomplish a monitoring task. The issue is that ITRS is so flexible that there is more than one way to complete a task, each with benefits and disadvantages.

Technical support is 9.5/10.

The Technical Support Specialists know the product very well but not the client environment. I would recommend that a copy of the ITRS configuration for each client reside within a Technical Support Library to assist them in diagnosing and solving each client’s issues. I have no issues with utilizing SFTP to transfer my configuration to an ITRS secure server when I make a change; of course, a Save Online button would help.

Tivoli was used prior to my start. I personally used PRTG and ITRS is significantly better.

As stated, the issue is that ITRS is so flexible that there is more than one way to complete a task.

An in-house team implemented it with assistance from ITRS.

This product saves us a lot of time in development.

What other advice do I have?

Plan and implement the initial framework for the enterprise size as reworking for growth would be a challenge.