Ivanti Avalanche Review

A stable and easy-to-use solution that reduces the time for updates and allows us to remotely install the packages

What is our primary use case?

We are an integrator in key areas such as Transport and logistics, Warehouses, Production, Utilities. We have clients who use our solutions based on barcodes, barcode readers, barcode printers, co-bots, vision solutions and automations. We have implemented such solutions with Ivanti Avalanche for the management of the Windows CE devices.

One of our clients has Ivanti Speakeasy solution, which needs improvement. Through Avalanche, we can push packages to all devices that are in production.

How has it helped my organization?

It has been time-saving for the clients. It has helped in reducing the time for updates.

What is most valuable?

Installing the packages remotely and remote control are the most valuable features. There are around 100 pieces or devices, and the only way to send a package to a device is by connecting to the PC and then manually sending the package. By using Avalanche, we can send a package to all devices with one click.

It is very stable and easy to use. Their technical support is also very good. We have implemented this solution for our clients, and they are satisfied with this solution. It does what it is meant to do.

What needs improvement?

Its price could be improved. It could be cheaper.

I would like to see a better approach for Android and an easy way to send packages and manage devices.

I have been using this solution for two years.

Its stability is good.

Its scalability is good. It doesn't consume a lot of resources of a machine, and it can be scaled.

We have two or three users of this solution, and they are the IT staff in the company. We plan to increase its usage.

Their technical support is very good.

For Windows CE, we have only used this solution.

The initial setup was straightforward. The installation and implementation happen quickly. It took two to three days for all the things that I needed.

We are an integrator. We have all the support from the technicians from Ivanti, and everything works great. We don't have any complaints.

For its deployment, you just need three people. It is usually me and two other people from the client's side.

For such a solution and for its functionalities the price is correct.

There are very few options for devices with Windows CE. We did evaluate some options for Android devices, which is a different platform. Avalanche is easier to use for controlling and managing devices.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Ivanti Avalanche a nine out of ten.

6.3
More Ivanti Avalanche reviews from users
...who compared it with SOTI MobiControl
Find out what your peers are saying about Ivanti, Microsoft, SOTI and others in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM). Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.