Ivanti Patch for Linux, UNIX, Mac Review

Easy to implement and offers good scanning but the pricing is a bit high

What is our primary use case?

The solution is mostly used by my customers that are using Windows machines. For them, it's the only other way other than collecting the fixes from Red Hat itself, for example, and then deploying it manually.

What is most valuable?

The most aspect of the solution is the scanning. The software will scan the endpoint, and it can pick up anything security-wise up there.

For security reasons, you need to scan all the invoices every day. If you didn't have the software, you'd need to scan every day and you'd need to do everything manually. Sometimes the update may go wrong or cause the server to crash. With the software, you can pick the testing that you can do before you deploy it into production, to avoid issues.

The solution is easy to implement.

What needs improvement?

The view of the security could be better.

The solution can be quite expensive, compared to other options on the market.

I've been dealing with the solution for two years at this point. It hasn't been too long,

While I just sell the solution, and I don't directly deploy it, I can say with certainty that the initial setup is not complex. It's pretty straightforward. Users shouldn't have issues implementing it.

Compared to other software options, this is not exactly a cheap solution. However, the value you get is good, and therefore it's worth the cost.

What other advice do I have?

We are resellers of the product. However, we are not partners with Ivanti.

We generally use the latest version of the solution, for the most part.

I'd recommend this solution to other organizations. It's quite effective and easy to implement.

Overall, I would rate the solution at a seven out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Ivanti, Kaseya, Quest Software and others in Patch Management. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.