iWay Omni-Gen Data Quality Review

The speed from development and deployment to production saves us a lot of time

What is most valuable?

I think most vendors have similar capabilities. One great feature with OmniGen is the time it takes to develop and deploy to production. It has a faster lifecycle compared to other similar products. The data quality engineers are really very efficient and it has great address features.

What needs improvement?

The special integration support is something that could be improved in the solution. I'd like to see a good data catalog or metadata management feature within OmniGen. With their new partnership, I'm expecting to see those features available as part of the MDM and data quality platform. I think they're planning to fill that gap.

I've been using this solution for about five years.

This is a stable solution, I haven't seen any issues with that aspect, no glitches, failures or anything like that.

This is a scalable solution.

I would rate the technical support highly, they are very good.

The initial setup is straightforward.

I'm unsure about licensing costs but I know it basically varies based on how big the organization is and how big the data is. They have multiple models.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is like any other MDM implementation products. Generically, they have to have instep in mind with respect to how they either cleanse data, otherwise master data is going to be consumed by downstream applications or reporting applications.

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud