Ixia BreakingPoint Review
The DDoS testing module is useful and quick to use

What is our primary use case?

It is for network and security testing. It is not used for applications network and security solutions.

How has it helped my organization?

Our customers use it to troubleshoot their existing solution. They use it for acceptance testing.

What is most valuable?

The DDoS testing module is useful and quick to use. In a normal test, the level of each configuration flow and the realism of generated traffic is something that we like to use.

What needs improvement?

I would appreciate some preconfigured network neighborhoods, which are predefined settings for testing networks.

The flash GUI has room for improvement.

Three to five years.

It is stability of degree, because they partly move it into HTML5. The other part is still under flash, so the part which is running in the flash is sometimes unstable.

You can scale up to 100G, and a 100G is realistic traffic. Therefore, there have been no issues.

We have received quick reactions and always get answers from the tech support.

Depends on what you want to do. If you have specific demands on what the test should look like, then the initial setup is complex. If you want to run some traffic and videos, then the initial setup is straightforward, and you can have it in about five clicks.

For a small company, they have subscription license for a year, and bigger companies also buy subscription licenses. Thus, there is no differentiation in licenses for Breaking Point. For one license, you will get all the features. There is no complexity in that.

What other advice do I have?

If you want to deploy it on OpenStack, you should start with the support question about how you should do it.