Ixia Hawkeye Review

Priced-well, easy to scale, stable, and straightforward to set up

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Ixia Hawkeye is one of the products that we implement for our customers. We have a customer in Central America that is in the telco industry and needed to have greater visibility. When they tried it, they loved it and bought it.

What is most valuable?

Our customer was happiest with the price of this product. It was the lowest cost one and a great price.

What needs improvement?

Ixia has one flaw, which is that they do not print the license code on the paper licenses that are shipped to the customers. This impacts technical support because once you have to contact the vendor, they begin asking for that number. It's something that should be upfront, part of the order processing, and readily available. Also, when we do the installation or our partner does it, then when we need to start calling people, the number is not available. It's not something that can be easily addressed over the phone because it is long, with a lot of letters in it.

There are features available in the Threat Simulator that are not available in the main product.

We have just recently sold this solution, and it is still being implemented.

The implementation is ongoing, but there have been no problems with stability so far. It is being put in place and everything is going smoothly.

This is a scalable solution and our customer is very large. They purchased 25 points initially, and I think they're going to migrate to 100 points, pretty soon.

I find that technical support is good. However, because of the issue where the license codes are not printed, the first impression that customers often have is that the technical support is lost. We shield this impression, but that is what is happening.

This is was the client's first monitoring software. They choose it because they trust both us and the partner.

The deployment is ongoing right now. We just delivered it last month, but I know that so far, there are no hiccups.

Our customer purchased professional service and training with the product.

We may assist our client with maintenance, although things seem to be doing pretty smoothly.

What other advice do I have?

So far, this product is doing exactly what it is promised to do.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Ixia, NETSCOUT, Cisco and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.