Jama Connect Review

Has good visibility but the interfaces should be better for consuming information

What is our primary use case?

We are using the hybrid cloud deployment model.

How has it helped my organization?

Jama helped our employees, mostly software engineers, to be more aware of where the requirements are and how to determine them. The visibility is more clear. We can better fulfill international standards in our line of work.

What is most valuable?

To have a single source for all the requirements and all the change requests our company gets is the most valuable feature. It has also helped us to keep track of reviews.

What needs improvement?

It is rather slow, so the speed of the process and consuming information should be improved. It doesn't have a nice way of viewing information. We would like to see better interfaces for consuming information.

I would like to see better interfaces for consuming information. Also, there should be more support for writing specifications. I would like to see a standardized way to define terms, a glossary. When I'm writing text it would help me to automatically link to those terms.

We have been using this solution for about one year.

Scalability has been okay but we are using a single sign-in, so we use Google to sign in to our Jama Connect, but it is not ideal because you limit the functionality of a third-party system.  For example, if I want to invite a third party to a review, that third party doesn’t have a way to log into the system because we are using a single sign-on and that third party needs to have a Google address in our company in order to access our instance. That feature needs improvement.

We have around 40 users and we have around 10 active creators, people that are actually making content.

The initial setup was a positive and painless process because the consultant came to our company and helped with everything. They helped us through everything and it is on their cloud so to initially set up and configure everything was a good process because we had the consultant coming into our company and helping us with everything. It was painless and a really easy and nice process.

We tried codeBeamer, Polarion from Siemens and Next Generation Doors, but we chose Jama because they have a good marketing team and are enthusiastic for you to use their product.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.