Jamf Pro Review

The ability to script makes it fit our needs

What is our primary use case?

I use Jamf Pro to manage and secure Mac workstations in enterprise and production environments.

How has it helped my organization?

Jamf Pro allows us to fully leverage Apple and its native tools, as well as create custom solutions.

What is most valuable?

Proper MDM management for Apple devices is key. The ability to script makes it fit our needs.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see MFA integration added to the SSO feature, as well as having it expanded to accommodating multiple servers (meaning specifically that SSO, Jamf Pro runs in a cluster just fine).

More than five years.

I think it's quite stable overall, we have seen some stability issues, but they usually trace back to configuration issues.

It scales well, into the tens or hundreds of thousands of devices.

Customer support is very friendly and responsive. As your environment gets more complex, an elevated support contract is available.

The software itself is both complex and straightforward, meaning that you do have to understand what you're doing, but everything you need to get started is on the web interface.

Jamf offers a "jump start" to get things off the ground and give you brief basic training to get going. I spent two days at initial setup, and after that, I worked through it myself.

No comment.

I think it's on par with other enterprise solutions. It really comes down to how seriously your organization wants to take Mac management.

Evaluated AirWatch, but it did not have the capabilities of Jamf Pro.

What other advice do I have?

We consider Jamf Pro to be "best of breed" for enterprise Mac management.