Jamf Pro Review

It provides an easier way to deploy apps to classroom devices

What is our primary use case?

Deployment and management of classroom iPads.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides an easier way to deploy apps to classroom devices. App requests are now made through a form, instead of giving teachers an iTunes gift card, and this has helped teachers be more conscious when reviewing apps, which has been better on the budget.

What is most valuable?

Lost mode, remote shutdown, and remote wipe.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a separate reports area where an actual report is compiled and able to be printed. Currently, you have to create a Smart Group and set criteria to compile an exportable list (txt or csv) of devices that match the set criteria. A report function would eliminate having to create a formal report yourself with the exported data.

Three to five years.

Very reliable. I haven't had any issues.

JAMF already offers a wide variety of tools for the IT industry. I work in K-12 and am excited to see what they will offer with the new acquisition of ZuluDesk.

Customer service and support are superb. Support responses are always timely and that is appreciated when needing an immediate solution.

The initial setup was foreign as we were new to MDM systems, but support walked us through setup and provided training.

We directly contacted with a sales rep at JAMF.

Reduction in manpower needed to manage hundreds of devices for a three-person team.

For the number of management tools you have available and the ease of deployment, I believe the cost is worth it.

What other advice do I have?