Jamf Pro Review

Zero-touch deployment and self-service save lots of time

What is our primary use case?

I use Jamf Pro to manage every Apple device in our organization including Mac computers, iPads, iPhones, and Apple TVs. It's connected with Apple Business Manager.

In our environment, there are also PCs and Android devices but these are managed by other dedicated software for the corresponding ecosystem.

How has it helped my organization?

Zero-touch deployment is very helpful to us. We deliver new or refreshed Macs or iOS devices directly to new employees.

Also, we provide BYOD for iOS, so it is possible to check mail using private devices. We don't have to push all of the software, as the company store (self-service) allows for the downloading of all necessary applications.

What is most valuable?

As an administrator, I really love the integration with Apple Business Manager.

Zero-touch deployment saves tons of time.

Self-service makes enrollment much quicker, as we don't have to push all of the applications. The user can decide when to perform an installation, chosen at the most suitable time.

The most important thing for me is to have zero-day support, which is something that I expect from Jamf. Other MDM vendors do not handle support as well.

What needs improvement?

I think that the zero-touch enrolment could be improved.

I would like to have the ability to push scripts using MDM commands.

Four years.

Deployment of this solution is super easy.

Licensing is based on the number of devices.

JumpStart looks a little bit pricey; however, it is worth every penny.

I evaluated the Apple Profile Manager, but it wasn't enough and had lots of bugs.

What other advice do I have?

If you want to do more than just using the Apple Management Framework, this is a solution for you.