Jamf Pro Review

Zero-touch deployment frees up valuable IT resources

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to manage all of our company devices. We have both iOS and macOS devices internally. We also use it for license management for some of the other tools we use in-house. It's a great way to keep track of all of our licenses and the software we use daily.

How has it helped my organization?

We use zero-touch deployment for all devices, meaning IT is freed up to work on other things.

Apple’s deployment programs enable zero-touch deployment by automating enrolment and configuration from a central location, all without having to open the box.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are self-service and patch management. Deployment of software is also a huge benefit to us as a company.

Inventory can be a daunting task, but with Jamf Pro, and its inventory management capabilities, it doesn’t have to be. Collect inventory automatically, organize that information, and even export reports.

What needs improvement?

The cloud version sometimes gets a little slow and https:// is always required when entering the URL.

There is still no feature for properly patching T2 Security Chip-enabled Macs. Admins must set up custom-built scripts to get around this functionality miss. Apart from that, it's good.

I have been using this solution for two years.

Stability is very good but could be better in terms of speed when hosted.

It is a cloud solution, so it works great for scaling.

Prior to using this solution, we used SimpleMDM.

With Jamf Start, everything was easy to set up and roll out to our team.

We implemented this solution in-house.

Our ROI was within two years.

With respect to pricing, Jamf Pro is the better bet.

God, we tried all of them! SimpleMDM was the main one though.