JBoss Review

Reliable, scalable, and easy to use from a developer's perspective

What is our primary use case?

I am working on a deal where JBoss is being renewed. It is a legacy version. The use case is around a financial institution that enables banks to do peer-to-peer transactions. Finance is the core business of the companies I'm working with.

What is most valuable?

It is a Java-based product, so it is pretty straightforward. It is pretty easy from a developer's perspective. It is also pretty reliable and scalable.

What needs improvement?

It can have automation features. Everybody is focused right now on automation. In terms of saving cost, automation is always the first thing that comes to light.

It is pretty reliable.

We have seen big enterprises using JBoss. So, it doesn't matter what the size of the organization is. JBoss can fit regardless of the size.

In terms of the number of users, in the organization I'm working with, there are 20 developers and a couple of infrastructure guys. They have a lot of developers in this particular organization.

There are no concerns in terms of support. They received support directly from Red Hat.

It is pretty straightforward from my perspective. The deployment duration depends on what you're trying to do with this solution, but it is pretty straightforward and can be deployed in a couple of hours.

They went for what they were comfortable with, and they weren't much interested in new solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Its recommendation depends on the vision of the organization. We need to have that understanding first before we provide them some sort of solution. It will depend on what they already have in place or what they're planning to do. Customers are moving to the cloud, and there are other alternatives out there, but of course, it will depend on understanding the journey of the customer.

I would rate JBoss an eight out of ten, just for how common it is to use Java as a language.

More JBoss reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle WebLogic Server
Find out what your peers are saying about Red Hat, Oracle, IBM and others in Application Server. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.