Jt hjyjg 400x400

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Review
The most valuable feature is the scope of functionality that it covers.

Video Review:

Valuable Features:

The most valuable feature is the scope of functionality that JD Edwards covers. You could start small with something like financials and HR payroll, and you can expand it to be used for asset maintenance, distribution, manufacturing. It also comes with a development tool set so that you can add onto it fairly easily.

Improvements to My Organization:

It's quite cost-effective in comparison with other ERPs. The rest of them are all expensive.

Room for Improvement:

They could enhance the reporting tools. We've been looking for a joint venture billing solution, which is actually on the road map, so it's coming.

Stability Issues:

It's very stable. It's been around for 30 years or so. EnterpriseOne came out in the mid-90s, so that makes it over 20 years old, but they continually add new features and functionality all the time.

Scalability Issues:

It's also very good. It runs on different platforms, so you can pick and choose which hardware system you would like for whatever scale of company you are. I used to work for a very large oil company that ran it for about 15,000 people. I know that there's companies larger than that, as well.

I personally haven't used it recently, but folks on my team have, and the answer is always, "It depends." If it's a fairly straightforward answer, they're very good at pointing you to wherever the technical documentation is so that you can look it up yourself again next time. If it's complex, or there's some debate on whether the item is a bug or functioning as designed, it does take quite some time to get through that, and from a customer perspective, sometimes you have to be pretty persistent.

Other Solutions Considered:

A lot of it is the partnership. Lots of vendors are willing to sell you a product, but then aren't there when something goes wrong. It really needs to be a relationship for the long term when you're looking for the solution, as well as meeting all of the functional requirements that you have.

Other Advice:

I would rate it a 9, because it's the best in the ERPs, as far as I'm concerned, but it's never perfect, so it will never be a 10.

Definitely give JD Edwards a chance, and make sure you talk to other JD Edwards customers before you make your decision.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About JD Edwards EnterpriseOne?

Our experts can help. 221,958 professionals have used our research on 5,660 solutions.