Jt hjyjg 400x400

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Review
Provides easy maintenance, fast development times, and complete modules. It supports multiple OSs.

Valuable Features:

• Easy maintenance
  • Fast development
  • Very complete modules
  • Multi-platform
  • Multi-languages
  • Multi-currency
  • Completely configurable
  • Integration with mobile applications
  • Web services
  • and more.

Improvements to My Organization:

File management is easy to obtain. We do not need to spend user time to sort the information.

Gives us better work-floor management and easy integration with scanners, dispatch, etc.

EnterpriseOne has been the product that allows us to focus on our products and not on our ERP, and this means a lot.

Room for Improvement:

Project management and CRM. Oracle has another solution for these areas. These functional areas of ERP are not on top of the market. You will need to purchase a specific solution.

Use of Solution:

I have used EnterpriseOne for eight years.

Stability Issues:

I did not encounter any issues with stability when the system is updated by people who do understand the road-map and the product. With EnterpriseOne, you need to have good developers to keep up the performance of the system. All companies need adjustments and developments, but they must be performed taking as a reference 'the future' of the products, retrofits, updates, etc. Then you can be updated every two years and not getting stacked into a version.

Scalability Issues:

We have not really had any scalability issues.

Oracle has improved a lot. This was a pending subject I when I raised my first service request to Oracle and it took months to get an answer. Nowadays, I am getting a web conference, call, or an email after sending my request. My last issue was solved within two weeks (a tricky one). This is an 4/5 to me.

Previous Solutions:

To be a great competitor, you need to be surrounded by the best employees, best products, best service and best technology and, from my point of view, Oracle is doing this very well.

Initial Setup:

EnterpriseOne can be multi-platform. That means you can have two servers on Linux, one on Windows and the last one could be an AS400. This complexity cannot be provided for by another product. My initial setup was complex, but the architecture was very complex, too. After that, I have had multiple easy setups. The best way to achieve this is to choose only one OS for your servers; otherwise it could be a nightmare.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

This is a product for medium to large companies. It is not cheap, but it is not expensive. You must be able to analyze the price of maintenance, consultancy, times to develop a solution, etc. The first invoice is not the most important. This is a long time relationship (Company+ERP).

Other Solutions Considered:

• Navision
  • SAP
  • OpenBravo

Other Advice:

Ask for demo's, because maybe my vision is not your vision. The best way to know the product is to ask for small demo's.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About JD Edwards EnterpriseOne?

Our experts can help. 217,939 professionals have used our research on 5,608 solutions.