JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Review
ERP system that provides warehouse management, advanced pricing, and sales order management.
What is most valuable?
- Warehouse management
- Advanced pricing
- Sales order management
- Procurement and subcontracting
- Bulk stock management
- Fulfillment management
- Advanced stock evaluation
- Environmental accounting and reporting
How has it helped my organization?
Order processing time has been reduced by 30% (KPI metric). There are many such instances that were shared by various clients in my consulting career.
What needs improvement?
I would like to see improvements in:
- Change in grade & potency on volume control (BOM) while issuing a work order
- Work order approval process
- Transportation module rate schedule flexibility
- PO receipt reversal using the EDI process
- Purchase order approval process
- Landed cost rule hierarchy definition
- Account codes that can have legacy description for reporting
- Sourcing processes with more flexibility and direct relationships with the purchase cycle
- Self-requisition process approval setup to be made available for the purchase cycle
For how long have I used the solution?
My experience in JD Edwards has been for about 17 years. I worked with almost all the versions of JD Edwards: WorldSoft, OneWorld XE, and EnterpriseOne.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
We had stability issues, but Oracle support resolved them.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
I did not encounter any issues with scalability.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
As a consultant, I have been involved with many successful JD Edwards implementations. The changes were for the better.
How was the initial setup?
The setup was complex for the most part. In a few cases, it was simple.
What was our ROI?
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
In pre-sales, we used to appraise our clients on the strengths and weaknesses of the product.
What other advice do I have?
It’s a good ERP system that gives users ease-of-use, the flexibility to integrate with other systems, and the ability to meet most of the KPIs.
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, SAP, Microsoft and others in ERP. Updated: September 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.