Jelastic Review

The horizontal and vertical auto-scaling is the most valuable feature.

What is our primary use case?

Offering a Platform as a Service (PaaS) solution, very easy to use thanks to an intuitive dashboard and with a real pay per use model.

How has it helped my organization?

Jelastic has helped Infortelecom to attract and gain more developers as customers, which differentiates our offer from other cloud hosts in our country. Infortelecom is the only official Jelastic partner in Spain.

What is most valuable?

The horizontal and vertical auto-scaling feature, which does not involve changing anything in the code of the projects, is the most valuable feature. This helps developers to focus on improving their projects at the code level, without worrying about system administration. Several of our important customers who use Jelastic have highlighted this feature.

Other valuable features include the advanced level of production-ready Docker hosting, one-click application deployment, and the truly flexible pricing.

What needs improvement?

Jelastic is always listening to its partners and customers, so any feedback we get we send to Jelastic staff and they consider implementing it in future versions. For now, some customers are requesting support of Docker containers for Windows. I know that this was already added to the backlog.

Three to five years.

Jelastic is extremely stable. We never had any issues. We never received any complaints from our customers about stability.

We had never had any scalability issues with Jelastic. We have monitoring systems for Jelastic and if the Jelastic cluster resources are near to capacity, we get a warning. We just need to add more servers/resources to it.

Jelastic technical support is great. Keep in mind that our staff has years of expertise in system administration and they have also been trained by Jelastic professional teams to support the product. Any user of Jelastic at Infortelecom has double technical support. In fact, Infortelecom has the highest score that Jelastic gives in quality of support and performance.

We did not have a previous solution.

Jelastic professional services helped us a lot with the initial setup and the future needs we had. There was no complexity at all. The way to manage the platform, from the provider and customer's point of view, is web-based. There is a nice and flexible dashboard. It is very easy to run applications using Jelastic. Power users can modify configuration files from the UI or by SSH access.

Pricing for the customers is really easy, as it is pay per use. If any server is switched off, you don't have to pay for anything. Customers can control the minimum and maximum price for their environments very easily from the control panel. There are no surprises at all!

Pricing for providers is revenue-shared based. Providers should invest in hardware to set up the Jelastic cluster.

No others solutions were evaluated. We just fell in love when we met Jelastic in a World Hosting Day meeting. :-)

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for a great PaaS product, don't hesitate to check Jelastic! You can try it for free for 14 days. Just register on our webpage: https://infortelecom.es/jelastic. In addition, please let us know if you need more time to try it. We are here to help you.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are the only official Jelastic partner in Spain.
1 visitor found this review helpful