Jenkins Review

A scalable open source automation server that is easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We use it as a pipeline and for the whole development life-cycle. We even built the whole infrastructure and use it with cloud formation. In AWS, we use it with cloud formation when we build the infrastructure as a code.

What is most valuable?

It's fantastic. I like it, and I have no problem with it. It's very small, easy to use, and very straightforward.

What needs improvement?

It would help if they offered more integrations.

I have been using Jenkins for about two years.

It's very flexible, and you can add a lot of applications there to develop and more. We have about five guys using it, but we also have a very big development team with over 50 developers.

I installed it a couple of times, and the initial setup was easy. I didn't have any difficulties when it came to deployment.

I installed Jenkins by myself.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution, but it depends on the project. It has a lot of support, and it's been in the market for a long time. Many big organizations also use it.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Jenkins a nine.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
More Jenkins reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with CircleCI
Find out what your peers are saying about Jenkins, Atlassian, JetBrains and others in Build Automation. Updated: July 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.