What is most valuable?
- Uno-choice parameters
- Publishing HTML reports
- Emails on builds
- Active Directory
- Role Based and Project Based Matrix Authorisation
How has it helped my organization?
We work on distribution, and are required to build and test packages frequently. Using Jenkins we have configured (generic) and automated the complete build procedure.
What needs improvement?
- There's a plugin Monitoring which have certain issues with some versions of Jenkins
- Jenkins user login and authorization case-insensitive, eg: if user John is given authorization permission then JOHN, JoHN, johN etc. all should be authorized.
- Disabling of cancel permissions to some users in Jenkins is still not working, even if we uncheck the cancel permissions. If build permissions are given to that user, cancel permissions are granted automatically
- Plugin to disable Back button navigation in Jenkins#
- Uploading multiple files using patch parameter in Jenkins
For how long have I used the solution?
I've used it for around six months.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
No major issues, it was pretty smooth.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
With few plusgins, like Monitoring. it crashes.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
How are customer service and technical support?
No interactoins as of now. Technical Support
No interactoins as of now.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
We upgraded from Hudson which is similar.
How was the initial setup?
It was pretty straightforward.
What about the implementation team?
We took it from Open Source so there was no vendor involvement.
What was our ROI?